By the time you get here, you’ve probably picked up on the fact that I have many varied interests and a multitude of strengths. From a lifelong commitment to learning new things (bored out of my mind if I don’t) to travel, global cultures/religions/relations, languages, and a passion for the arts (theater, dance, and music most strongly), I am always in search of new experiences to tackle. There is so much to explore, I’ve only scratched the surface.
With a wanderlust that built from the time of my youth, I finally began my adventures “across the pond” in 2011. It was quite a learning experience to travel by train from the Midlands of England to Rome and back as a solo traveler. Details of this journey are included on this site. Since then, I have also traveled solo to mainland Greece for a tour of ancient sites, to the isle of Crete, to Barcelona, Lisbon, the Algarve, Ireland, and Stonehenge. I am always in search of my next journey.
One of my favorite thought-provoking leisure-time endeavors has been completing MOOCs offered through coursera.org that support these diverse interests:
- International Human Rights Law: Prospects and Challenges (Duke University)
- International Law in Action: A Guide to the International Courts and Tribunals in The Hague (Universiteit Leiden)
- International Organizations Management (University of Geneva)
- The Law of the European Union: An Introduction (Universiteit Leiden)
- Introduction to International Criminal Law (Case Western Reserve University)
- Introduction to Game Development (Unity 3D) (Michigan State University)
- Miracles of Human Language: An Introduction to Linguistics (Universiteit Leiden & Meertens instituut/KNAW)
This page, like my life, is a work in progress…
So many interests, so many dreams…
I hope this area of the site will one day accurately reflect my truly diverse nature & unique way of being in the world 🙂